Tech Talent Internship Pipeline – TTIP Grant
VCU Engineering Career Services received grant funding to increase the number of tech internships for computer science and computer engineering students in Virginia. Therefore, we are excited to announce that this summer, Engineering Career Services can subsidize a limited number of tech internships for VCU Engineering students through the Tech Talent Internship Pipeline (TTIP). These internships include a focus on data mining, cybersecurity, software development, machine learning, etc.
The grant provides 50% of the hourly rate for the student, and the employer provides the other 50%. The suggested rate of pay is $20, with the grant paying $10 and the employer paying $10. Internships are for the Summer of 2022 and can be in person or remote, with a preferred length of 12 weeks or 480 hours.
To participate in the program, employers must be approved by VCU and will be required to sign an agreement. Employers are expected to provide training and oversight as needed to student interns, and encourage a truly professional work experience.
Want to hear more? Please contact Rebecca Kurihine, Employer Relations, at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Students in the Computer Science (CS) or Comp Engr (CPE) major who are enrolled in or have completed the Professional Development course, ENGR 395.
Post your position on Handshake, using the guidance below. TTIP employers will also be invited to present to a class of eligible students during the spring semester.
- Post your TTIP eligible position on Handshake, and include these details:
- Put “TTIP” in the job title.
- Put verbiage in the start of the job description informing students that only TTIP Eligible students may apply. Sample: Note to VCU Students: This job is part of the TTIP Grant. Only College of Engineering students with CS or CPE majors who have completed ENGR 395 Professional Development are eligible. Do not apply if your major is not CS or CPE and you have not yet completed ENGR 395 Professional Development.
- Label the job as “ecs TTIP eligible.”
- Please email Laura Lemza, firstname.lastname@example.org, to add necessary TTIP details and approve the ad.
The employer pays the student through their usual payroll procedure, for their committed portion of the rate of pay. Students receive the grant portion of their pay through VCU, coordinated through our VCU Engineering office of grants management and the Engineering finance office.