Executive Engineer in Residence
The Executive Engineer in Residence Program at VCU Engineering, launched in January 2023, is designed to bridge the gap between the current curriculum and real-world practices giving VCU engineering students another opportunity to connect with engineering experts and leaders. Through this program, a leader is invited to share their expertise with VCU Engineering students, faculty and staff to strengthen the relationship between the college and industry-leading businesses building connections and expertise.
Executives in Residence will:
- Share knowledge and provide industry, professional and leadership expertise.
- Engage with faculty by consulting and collaborating on research and other projects.
- Engage with students and contribute to their personal and professional development.
- Assist with referrals and insight for future engineering curriculum and programming.
VCU Engineering will recognize the Executive Engineer in Residence:
- Provide introductions to internal key stakeholders with the Executive Engineer in Residence’s identified areas of interest.
- Access to University resources.
- Publish information about the Executive Engineer in Residence.
Please find the schedule of upcoming events below.
Interested in sharing your time and expertise as an Executive Engineer in Residence?
Executive engineers in residence are envisioned as professionals with deep experience in advanced industries who may have existing relationships in the field of engineering or business and who will be able to draw upon both deep technical and business expertise.
The minimum expectations of the Executive Engineer in Residence program are providing a keynote industry lecture or presentation, as well as serving as a Capstone Design Expo judge. VCU Engineering understands real-world demands and the keynote presentation and additional Executive Engineer programming can be scheduled as your time permits. Optional engagement opportunities may also be scheduled, per your interest and schedule.
To submit a potential Executive Engineer in Residence for consideration, please use this form.
If you have any questions, please contact Nick Georges, Director of Development, at email@example.com or call 804-338-3597.
Thank you for your interest in the Executive Engineer in Residence program at VCU Engineering. We look forward to partnering with you to make this exciting for you and our faculty, students and staff.