Engineering Career Services is here to share opportunities for you to fund your education. Check back often for engineering specific scholarships or visit Enrollment Services, scholarshipsharing.org, or fastweb.com for a full list of available scholarships.
Department of Defense Cyber Scholarship Program 2020-2021
Info session Jan. 23 5:30 Engineering West Hall, room 101.
The deadline application to apply for the DoD Cyber Scholarship Program is February 21.
The requirements for this scholarship are as follows:
- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors pursuing a bachelor's degree in a cyber-related field
- First and second-year students pursuing a master's degree in a cyber-related field
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 out of 4.0
- 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- Does not need to be a STEM major, just needs to have taken a cybersecurity class
Students selected as Cybersecuirty Scholars will receive a one-year full-ride scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year. This covers the following:
- Full cost of tuition and books
- Required fees
- A laptop, which the student can keep after the scholarship period has ended
- Undergraduate- $25,000 stipend to cover room/board and other living expenses
- Graduate- $30,000 stipend to cover room/board and other living expenses
- Internship opportunities and guaranteed employment with a DoD agency upon graduation
Student Veterans of America and Raytheon have partnered to provide three (3) $10,000 STEM scholarships to student veterans pursuing engineering degrees or a degree in a closely related field. These student veterans have the potential to fill a critical skills gap plaguing the nation and usher in a new generation of technological advancements. This partnership will support the professionals that are well equipped to answer the challenges of tomorrow. Learn more about the Raytheon-SVA scholarship.
Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship
The Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) scholarship for service program is open to: undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) fields. SMART scholars receive:
- Full tuition and educational fees
- Generous cash stipend
- Employment with the Department of Defense facilities after graduation
- Summer internships, health insurance, and book allowance
*US citizens only