Before you begin your application please download the DERI application instructions.
Online applications for students will be for the 2021-2022 DERI program.
You will need to prepare several documents before completing this application
- An unofficial high school transcript
- A one-page personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from math or science teachers
For any questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Teachers Giving Recommendations
After the student completes the application you will receive an email message with a unique link to the recommendation form.The unique link will help us ensure that your reference letter is paired to the right student.
If you are writing a letter of recommendation for a student applying to the DERI program, please include the following information:
- Your perception of the student's desire to pursue a degree/career in computer science or engineering
- Your assessment of how well the student works, both independently and as part of a team
- Your assessment of the student's ability to communicate, both orally and in writing
- Your assessment of the student's problem-solving ability