Details of Local Transportation
Viginia is home to three national and internation airports; Richmond International Airport (RIC), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), Ronald Regan National Airport (DCA).
RIC is conveniently located seven miles from VCU. All major airlines in the U.S. have flights to Richmond International Airport. RIC is connected by Greater Richmond Transit Corporation (GRTC) buses and cabs. Bus ride costs about $4 and taxis costs about $20. GRTC has newly commissioned state of the art buses with WiFi connectivity. These buses connect most of the Richmond prime areas. VCU Monroe Park Campus and MCV campus are both in downtown area and are well connected by GRTC and free RAM Ride University shuttle buses.
IAD has the most international passenger traffic of any airport in the Mid-Atlantic outside the New York metropolitan area. IAD has flights connecting more than 125 destinations all around the world daily. Both IAD and DCA are within a two-hour drive of Richmond. Additionally, we are arranging bus transportation from IAD to VCU.
Following bus pick-ups are arranged from IAD for your convenience. These buses will have IEEE Magnetics Society and VCU signage somewhere on the bus:
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 - one at 8 p.m. and drop you at VCU Gladding Residence Center at 10 p.m.
- Sunday, June 2, 2019 - at 2 p.m. and drop you at VCU Gladding Residence Center at 4 p.m. The Summer School program starts at 5 p.m.
- Two buses will ferry you from VCU Gladding Residence Center to banquet restaurant Boat House on June 6, 2019. Buses will depart VCU at 6:30 p.m. and they will leave Boat House at 8:45 p.m.
- Two buses will ferry you from VCU-NIST-Washington DC-VCU Gladding Residence Center on Thursday, June 6, 2019. Buses will depart VCU at 8 a.m. and arrive back at 11 p.m.
- Saturday June 8, 2019 - A bus will also drop students at IAD. It will depart VCU Gladding residence center at 7 a.m. and arrive in IAD at 9 a.m.