Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates of our program will solve a variety of engineering problems in their professional setting with full regard and demonstrated command of the principles of the foundational disciplines of science, mathematics, and chemical engineering subject areas.
- Graduates of our program will demonstrate the ability to communicate their engineering solutions to problems in chemical engineering to a broad range of audiences and to function as professionals in dynamic, interactive, and collaborative settings.
- Graduates of our program will utilize their technical competency, interpersonal skills, and ethical judgment to create innovative, sustainable and equitable solutions to global chemical engineering challenges.
Upon completing this program, students will know and know how to do the following:
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- An understanding of the hazards associated with physical, chemical and/or biological processes