Connect with Students
Engineering Career Services is here to help you connect with VCU engineering students and alumni. Follow the steps below to make your recruitment plan as successful as possible.
- Post a job, internship or co-op.
- Attend the Internship and Career Fair.
- Become an Internship and Career Fair Sponsor.
- Brand your organization and connect with students by attending signature recruitment events. See the full list below.
- Connect on a deeper level by creating a strategic recruitment plan. See below for ideas on how to connect and contact Engineering Career Services to learn more.
- Interview on campus.
- Join the VCU College of Engineering Partner Program
Share your organization’s brand with VCU engineers by attending the following signature recruitment events:
- Internship and Career Fair
Meet hundreds of undergraduate and graduate career-ready students at the Fall and Spring Engineering Internship and Career Fairs.
- Mock Interviews
Sign up to help VCU engineers sail through their next interview.
- Capstone Project sponsorship
Learn more about how sponsoring a team of VCU students can help you solve real-world problems.
Our 24-hour coding and design competitions are excellent opportunities to connect with and evaluate engineering student talent.
Connect on a Deeper Level
After signing up for our signature events, it is time to start strategically connecting with students. Engineering Career Services is here to help you create a customized recruitment plan consisting of on-campus interviews, site visits, networking events and much more!
- On-campus Interviews
Use our career center facilities to conduct interviews, providing convenience for you as well as our students.
- Custom Recruitment Day
Work one-on-one with Engineer Career Services to create a day full of recruitment events designed to help you meet your hiring goals.
- Site Visits
Schedule a field trip to your site, where students can experience firsthand what it’s like to work at your business.
- Sponsor Engineering Student Organizations
Connect with students directly by reaching out to student organizations to share your company info or plan an event. Ready to connect? Contact Rebecca Kurihine by emailing email@example.com for an introduction to the organization leadership.
- Hire Interns
Hiring interns can be exceptionally beneficial for companies. Not only are you granting VCU students the opportunity to develop professionally, but the role of the intern can prove to be an extremely valuable asset to your company.
- Hire Co-ops
Use the advanced engineering and problem-solving skills of VCU engineers on a full-time basis to benefit your organization through the College of Engineering Co-op Program.
- Hire International Students
Hiring international students for internships is easy. Take advantage of the diverse perspective these exceptional students will bring to your organization.