Requirements and Templates
Files must be downloaded to your team’s project page in EduSourced and the Expo Google Form. Please refer to this page for requirements and templates used to present your project. If you have any issues downloading or using any of the files here, please contact EngrMktComm@vcu and include "Capstone Expo help request" and your project number in the subject line.
Posters and abstracts are due in EduSourced and the Expo Google Form no later that Noon on Friday, April 1, 2022. Prerecorded video presentations are due no later than Noon on Friday, April 15, 2022.
- All file names must start with <PROJECT_NUMBER>
- Abstracts are named <PROJECT_NUMBER>_Abstract
- Posters are named <PROJECT_NUMBER>_Poster
- Prerecorded video presentations are named <PROJECT_NUMBER>_Presentation
Example: the filename for the abstract for the BME team 22-101 would be 22-101_Abstract.docx
Teams should seek the approval of their faculty advisor for all documents before loading into EduSourced. Documents must be shared with sponsors before submission–especially important for industrial sponsors with whom an NDA may be in place. Teams with industrial sponsors must get input on their documents prior to the deadline.
- Submit abstracts to the Faculty Adviser for approval in both DOCX (Microsoft Word) and PDF format. File name MUST be of the format <PROJECT_NUMBER>_Abstract
- Example: the file format the abstract for BME team 22-101 would read 22-101_Abstract.docx
- Make sure the project number is prominently displayed on the abstract
- Download Abstract Format Guidelines Make sure the project number is prominently displayed on the abstract
- The size of posters is 48" x 32".
- Posters must be submitted to the Faculty Adviser for approval in both PPTX (Microsoft PowerPoint) and PDF format. File name MUST be of the format <PROJECT_NUMBER>_Poster
- Example: the file format the poster for BME 22-101 would read 22-101_Poster.pptx
- Make sure the project number (without year) is prominently displayed on the poster in the header on the upper right hand side. For example, for BME team 22-101, the team number is 101.
- No poster will be displayed without the approval of the faculty adviser.
Please review the Capstone Poster Guidlines when creating your posters. Poor quality posters will reflect in your grade.
- BME Poster Template
- CLSE Poster Template
- CS Poster Template
- ECE Poster Template
- MNE Poster Template
- Multidisciplinary Poster Template
- Vertically Integrated Projects Poster Template
Your Capstone Senior Design experience is an important part of your engineering education. In order to assist you and your team with your final deliverables submissions, we’ve created this guide for you to follow.
- Abstracts and posters must be submitted by April 1, 2022 at Noon. Prerecorded video presentations must be submitted by April 15, 2022 at Noon.
- All submissions should be sent to EduSourced as well as the Expo Google Form.
- Reminder: Each document needs to be submitted individually
- Please upload each document using the Files section of your EduSourced Project page. This is where your instructor and the Capstone Design Expo team will look to find your submission.
- Please also upload each document to the Expo Google Form
- Use the guide below to name your document prior to uploading it to EduSourced or the Google Form:
|Document||File Title Format||File Type||Final|
|Abstract||22-101_Abstract||Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf)||22-101_Abstract.doc|
|Poster||22-101_Poster||PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf)||22-101_Poster.pptx|
|Prerecorded video presentation||22-101_Presentation||MPEG-4 (.mp4)||22-101_Presentation.mp4|
Note on File Types
If you are using Google Workplace, Apple Pages and Keynote, Adobe Suite or other tools to create your project deliverables, please note that:
- You should "download as" or "export" your file in one of the accepted file types (Microsoft Office and PDF) listed in the chart above. The export process may modify your formatting. You should review and revise your document once you have downloaded it in the appropriate file type prior to submitting it.