Requirements and Templates
Please refer to this page for requirements and templates used to present your project during Capstone. Requirements files are presented for download in PDF format, which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat reader, available for free download here. Templates are available for download in PPTX format, used with Microsoft Office Powerpoint. If you have any issues downloading or using any of the files here, please contact EngrMktComm@vcu.
- Submit abstracts to the Faculty Adviser for approval in both DOCX and PDF format.
- Advisers must submit their team's approved abstract in both DOCX and PDF format to Ben Ward, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than 12:00 P.M. on Monday, April 2, 2018.
- Abstracts submitted by students directly to Dr. Ward will be returned and not accepted.
- Abstracts submitted using an unapproved template will be returned and not accepted.
- Abstracts will be available at the Expo display, included in the Expo programs for the Foundation, incorporated into the Capstone website, and archived at Cabell Library
- Abstracts that are submitted late will not be archived or published
- No abstract will be accepted without the prior approval of the Faculty Adviser.
- Not having an abstract will negatively impact your grade. Please allow plenty of time for your adviser to approved and submit your abstract.
- Download Abstract Format Guidelines
- The size of posters is 48" x 32".
- Posters must be submitted to the Faculty Adviser for approval in both PPTX and PDF format.
- Advisers must submit the approved poster in bot PPTX and PDF format to Ben Ward, Ph.D. (email@example.com), no later than 12:00 P.M. on Monday, April 9, 2018.
- Any posters submitted to Dr. Ward directly will be returned.
- The School of Engineering is covering the costs for printing posters submitted before the deadline. If a poster is submitted late, the team submitting will be responsible for printing expenses.
- No poster will be allowed to be displayed without the approval of the faculty adviser. Please allow plenty of time for your adviser to approve your poster and submit to Dr. Ward.
- Printed posters may be collected from the School of Engineering in West Hall, room 303, on Monday, April 23, by 5:00 P.M. Teams will be notified by email when posters are ready for collection.'
- Download Capstone Poster Guidelines
Example templates for required Capstone Senior Design reports. These templates can help teams gather their collective thoughts and organize them to meet report requirements. Your faculty advisor will set individual team report requirements and expectations.