The B.S. program in Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
The B.S. program in Computer Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
Enrollment and Graduating Undergraduate Students (2022)
Computer Engineering Program
Undergraduate Program Enrollment (Spring 2022): 140
Degrees Awarded (2020-2021 Academic Year): 23
Electrical Engineering Program
Undergraduate Program Enrollment (Spring 2022): 129
Degrees Awarded (2020-2021 Academic Year): 41
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe what graduates of the program are expected to accomplish during the first few years following graduation. The educational objectives of the Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering programs are:
- Graduates will become successful practitioners in engineering and other diverse careers.
- Most graduates will pursue continuing education opportunities relevant to their careers.
- Some graduates will pursue advanced degree programs in engineering and other disciplines.
Upon completing the Computer Engineering or the Electrical Engineering program, students will demonstrate:
- Identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies