The B.S. program in Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
The B.S. program in Computer Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
Enrollment and Graduating Undergraduate Students (2017)
Computer Engineering Program
Undergraduate Program Enrollment (Fall 2017): 145
Degrees Awarded (2016-2017 Academic Year): 20
Electrical Engineering Program
Undergraduate Program Enrollment (Fall 2017): 164
Degrees Awarded (2016-2017 Academic Year): 32
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years following graduation, graduates of the Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering programs are expected to accomplish the following objectives:
- Graduates will become successful practitioners in engineering and other diverse careers.
- Most graduates will pursue continuing education opportunities relevant to their careers.
- Some graduates will pursue advanced degree programs in engineering and other disciplines.
Upon completing the Computer Engineering or the Electrical Engineering program, students will demonstrate:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.