Engineers2B is a program designed to get small groups of high school students to visit Virginia Commonwealth University School of Engineering to experience engineering and computer science.
Engineers2B is your portal to the world of engineering: innovation, imagination and pragmatism. High school students interested in improving their world are invited to our customized, hands-on experiences featuring all aspects of engineering and computer science. Groups range from 6-12 students. Larger groups will not be able to do hands-on activities. A typical Engineers2B visit lasts three hours. Space is limited, so please request appointment 30 days in advance.
Engineers2B customized experiences may include:
- Attend a lecture from a VCU School of Engineering professor.
- View the VCU School of Engineering with student-guided tours
- Participate with VCU School of Engineering students in an undergraduate-level lab experience (ONLY for groups of 12 or less)
- Lunch at VCU's dining hall with current School of Engineering students
- A presentation pertaining to admissions for the School of Engineering
- Have a Clean Room experience tour
Dates for Fall 2016
- September 20
- October 4 - Henderson
- October 25 - Appomattox Regional Governor's School for the Arts & Technology
- November 8
- November 22 - Trinity Episcopal School
- December 6 - J. R. Tucker High School
Dates for Spring 2017
- January 24 - St. Christophers
- February 7
- February 21
- March 14 - Southside Baptist Christian School
- March 28 - Franklin Military
- April 18 - Elko Middle School
- April 25 - Martin Luther King Middle School
Group visits allow small and large groups an opportunity to visit the School of Engineering. Group visits are coordinated with a School of Engineering representative where they can be planned to meet group needs and interests.
Contact Lorraine Parker, Ph.D. for more information:
Phone: (804) 827-7000 ext. 406
Fax: (804) 828-9866