Engineers2B is a program designed to get small groups of high school students to visit Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering to experience engineering and computer science.
Engineers2B is your portal to the world of engineering: innovation, imagination and pragmatism. High school students interested in improving their world are invited to our customized, hands-on experiences featuring all aspects of engineering and computer science. Groups range from 6-12 students. Larger groups will not be able to do hands-on activities. A typical Engineers2B visit lasts three hours. Space is limited, so please request appointment 30 days in advance.
Engineers2B customized experiences may include:
- Attend a lecture from a VCU College of Engineering professor.
- View the VCU College of Engineering with student-guided tours
- Participate with VCU College of Engineering students in an undergraduate-level lab experience (ONLY for groups of 12 or less)
- Lunch at VCU's dining hall with current College of Engineering students
- A presentation pertaining to admissions for the College of Engineering
- Have a Clean Room experience tour
Dates for Fall 2019
Sep. 25 - Benedictine College Prep
- Oct. 09 - Mountain Vista Governors School
Oct. 23 - Powhatan High School
- Nov. 13 - Trinity Episcopal School
Dec. 04 - Meadowbrook High School
Dates for Spring 2020
Jan. 15 - CodeRVA
Group visits allow small and large groups an opportunity to visit the College of Engineering. Group visits are coordinated with a College of Engineering representative where they can be planned to meet group needs and interests.
For more information, please contact:
Lorraine Parker, Ph.D.
Phone: (804) 828-4704
Fax: (804) 828-9866