Engineers2B is a program designed to get small groups of high school students to visit Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering to experience engineering and computer science.
Engineers2B is your portal to the world of engineering: innovation, imagination and pragmatism. High school students interested in improving their world are invited to our customized, hands-on experiences featuring all aspects of engineering and computer science. Groups range from 6-12 students. Larger groups will not be able to do hands-on activities. A typical Engineers2B visit lasts three hours. Space is limited, so please request appointment 30 days in advance.
Engineers2B customized experiences may include:
- Attend a lecture from a VCU College of Engineering professor.
- View the VCU College of Engineering with student-guided tours
- Participate with VCU College of Engineering students in an undergraduate-level lab experience (ONLY for groups of 12 or less)
- Lunch at VCU's dining hall with current College of Engineering students
- A presentation pertaining to admissions for the College of Engineering
- Have a Clean Room experience tour
Dates for Fall 2018
Sept 18 - Goochland High School
Oct 2 - Lee Davis High School
Oct 16 - St. Catherine's School / St. Christopher's School
Oct 30 - Peninsula Catholic High School
Nov 13 - Lynnhaven Academy
Nov 27 - Powhatan High School
Dates for Spring 2019
Jan 22 - Appomattox Regional Governors School
Feb 5 - Hanover High School (Group A)
Feb 19 - Trinity Episcopal School
March 12 - Maggie Walker Governors School
March 26 - Hanover High School (Group B)
April 9 - CODE RVA
April 23 - Bridging Communities
Group visits allow small and large groups an opportunity to visit the College of Engineering. Group visits are coordinated with a College of Engineering representative where they can be planned to meet group needs and interests.
Contact Lorraine Parker, Ph.D. for more information:
Phone: (804) 828-4704
Fax: (804) 828-9866