Engineers2B is a program designed to get small groups of high school students to visit Virginia Commonwealth University School of Engineering to experience engineering and computer science.
Engineers2B is your portal to the world of engineering: innovation, imagination and pragmatism. High school students interested in improving their world are invited to our customized, hands-on experiences featuring all aspects of engineering and computer science. Groups range from 6-12 students. Larger groups will not be able to do hands-on activities. A typical Engineers2B visit lasts three hours. Space is limited, so please request appointment 30 days in advance.
Engineers2B customized experiences may include:
- Attend a lecture from a VCU School of Engineering professor.
- View the VCU School of Engineering with student-guided tours
- Participate with VCU School of Engineering students in an undergraduate-level lab experience (ONLY for groups of 12 or less)
- Lunch at VCU's dining hall with current School of Engineering students
- A presentation pertaining to admissions for the School of Engineering
- Have a Clean Room experience tour
Dates for Fall 2017
- September 26
- October 10 - J.R. Tucker High School
- October 24 - Maggie Walker Governors School
- November 7 - Goochland High School
- November 21 - Appomatox Regional Govenors School
- December 5
Dates for Spring 2018
- January 23 - Trinity Episcopal School
- February 6
- February 20
- March 13
- March 27
- April 10
- April 24
Group visits allow small and large groups an opportunity to visit the School of Engineering. Group visits are coordinated with a School of Engineering representative where they can be planned to meet group needs and interests.
Contact Lorraine Parker, Ph.D. for more information:
Phone: (804) 828-4704
Fax: (804) 828-9866