Graduate Student Services
As a graduate student in the VCU College of Engineering, you will become part of the new frontier in engineering through the discovery and acquisition of new knowledge. As a student in our graduate programs, you will be challenged to new levels of independence, initiative, resourcefulness and collaboration. The VCU College of Engineering has state-of-the-art facilities and faculty members with international reputations. These assets translate into amazing research opportunities for emerging scholars and superior preparation for the next generation of research, industry and higher education leaders.
The following resources and forms provide useful information for College of Engineering graduate students. The forms are digital and can be completed and signed digitally or manually.
Note: Please download PDF forms in order to complete them digitally.
Once complete, forms should be submitted to Engineering West Hall, Room 304A or emailed to the College of Engineering Graduate Office.
- Plan of Study for the Master of Science Degree
- Plan of Study for the Doctoral Degree
- Appointment of Master of Science for Thesis Advisory Committee
- Doctoral Committee Approval and Qualifying Exam Results
- Graduate Travel and Conference Grant Application
- Notice of dissertation proposal defense for the Ph.D. degree
- Notice of final defense examination for degree of Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy
- Admission to Master's or Doctoral Degree Candidacy
- ETD Approval Form