Tutoring and Academic Support
The College of Engineering offers peer tutoring in a variety of Engineering and Math subjects.
- Engineering tutoring session available for the current term.
These tutoring sessions are solely for the benefit of engineering and computer science undergraduates, and taught by engineering and computer science students who have excelled in their instructing subject. Not only are our tutors selected based upon academic performance, we also make every effort in the hiring process to choose tutors with friendly, helpful demeanors, making tutoring sessions a place where students can feel comfortable asking for assistance.
- The Campus Learning Center in Hibbs Hall offers in-depth Academic Coaching as well as drop-in and appointment tutoring in Math and Science subjects.
- The Math Help Center provides support in lower level math courses.
- For help in writing, visit the Writing Center website. The Writing Center also offers guidance and feedback specific to English language learners.
- Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity works with students and faculty on exam modifications, classroom accommodations, and other services for students with disabilities. Should a student experience some sort of hindering condition during the semester (such as an injured note-taking hand) SAEO can also authorize temporary accommodations during an appropriate time period.
- VCU offers guidance and academic support for a wide range of subjects and student needs.