Online applications for Students and Mentors will be for the 2020 DURI program.
Please review the requirements below to prepare for the application process.
Please note that applications are due by November 1, 2020.
The student must
- Write a maximum 2 page personal statement detailing the reason you want to participate in this program
- Upload a resume
- Upload a copy of their unofficial transcript
- Submit two letters of recommendation
The mentor must write a maximum 5 double-spaced-page research strategy, detailing:
- Background and significance
- Explain the importance of the problem or critical barrier to progress in the field that the proposed project addresses
- Explain how the proposed project will improve scientific knowledge, technical capability, and/or clinical practice
- Include any relevant preliminary studies, data and/or experience pertinent to this application
- Research Question
- What do you propose to find out in your project?
- Specific Aims
- State precisely the goals of the proposed research you are setting out to accomplish
- Describe the overall strategy, methodology, and analyses to be used to accomplish the specific aims of the project
- Anticipated outcomes and alternative methods
- Describe the outcomes that you expect from your project, and how will you know whether you have achieved them?
- A work plan or Gantt Chart detailing the project timeframe and schedule
- If applying with an undergraduate already in your lab, include the student's name in the mentorship application.
Questions? Contact Michael Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org